Implementation of thirteen ‘BSO Twinnings’ between business support organisations (BSOs) from the six Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine and the business support organisations from the EU is supported by East Invest 2.
BSO Twinnings are bilateral or trilateral twinning projects based on specific, quantifiable and demand driven work plans, which lead to strengthening the capacity of the EaP BSO (as beneficiary) and the establishment of a long-term partnership with its EU counterpart(s).
The areas of cooperation/assistance have been determined based on the needs assessment (auto-diagnostics and individual interviews with the East Invest 2 project team) conducted with selected BSOs in the EaP countries.
Some BSO Twinnings are dedicated to a specific issue (marketing wine, the agro-food industry, women entrepreneurs, craft businesses, etc.) whereas others concentrate on capacity building in general. Partnerships are to be realised during the period of October 2015 and June 2017.
The following BSO Twinnings have been realised:
- Twinning “Strengthening EU-Armenian business relations” Beneficiary BSO: Union of employers of Armenia / EU partner BSOs: Bildungswerk der Wirtschaft gGmbH (Germany), Danish Industries – see photos here
- Twinning “Supporting Azerbaijani BSOs and agro-food SMEs in enhancing export, value adding operations and environmental sustainability” Beneficiary BSO: National confederation of entrepreneurs (employers) of Azerbaijan / EU partner BSOs: PromoFirenze (Italy), Formaper (Milan CCICA, Italy).
- Twinning “Ruralis Tornare” Beneficiary BSO: Azerbaijan Young Entrepreneurs Network Public Union / EU partner BSO: Formaper (Milan CCICA, Italy) – see photos here
- Twinning “Strengthening EU-EaP Business Support Organisations’ relations through sharing of best practices and capacity building” Beneficiary BSO: Business Union of entrepreneurs and employers named after Professor Kouniavski (Belarus) / EU partner BSOs: Malta Chamber of SMEs, Estonian Association of SMEs.
- Twinning “GREAT: Georgia reaching European Access and Trade” Beneficiary BSO: Georgian CCI / EU partner BSO: Paris Il-de-France CCI – see photos here
- Twinning “CCWMG: Competence Centre for wine, wine marketing and grape products” Beneficiary BSO: Georgian Wine Association / EU partner BSO: Bulgarian CCI – see photos here online platform of Georgian wine producers
- Twinning “SMART Chambers – Sustainability in a changing context” Beneficiary BSO: Moldova CCI / EU partner BSOs: Brussels CCI (Belgium), Czech CCI – see photos here
- German-Moldovan Umbrella Twinning Beneficiary BSO: National confederation of employers of the Republic of Moldova / EU partner BSOs: Sequa gGmbH (Germany), Bildungswerk der Wirtschaft gGmbH (Germany) – see photos here
- Twinning “UCRE: Ukraine Chamber Roadmap to Europe” Beneficiary BSO: Ukrainian CCI / EU partner BSOs: Romania CCI, Paris Il-de-France CCI.
- Twinning “Transferring know how for launching some specific high level services in the areas of relevant “acquis communautaire” (DCFTA) and the approaching of new markets in the EU to the benefit of Ukrainian producers and exporters in agro-food sectors” Beneficiary BSO: Donetsk CCI (Ukraine) / EU partner BSOs: Danish Industries, Voka CCI Antwerp-Waasland (Belgium).
- Twinning “Reviving the Voice of Craft Businesses in Ukraine” Beneficiary BSO: Handicraft Chamber of Ukraine / EU partner BSOs: Estonian Association of SMEs, Sequa gGmbH (Germany) – see photos here
- Twinning “Enhancing support for SMEs led by women” Beneficiary BSO: Chernihiv CCI (Ukraine) / EU partner BSOs: Seville CCI (Spain), Siauliai CCI (Lithuania) – see photos here
- Twinning “Enhancing Capacities of Zaporizhzhya CCI in the light of new EU integration opportunities” Beneficiary BSO: Zaporizhzhya CCI (Ukraine) / EU partner BSO: Vilnius CCIC (Lithuania) – more information here